Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WTF

Word to the wise - if maintenance people aren't bright enough to get their key to work in your lock, the property managers will re-key your apartment and then bill *you* for it. This doesn't go over very well with me. Maybe it's because the maintenance people were only coming to my place in order to fix a bathroom fan - a non-essential piece of equipment that I certainly don't think is worth the $80+ they are charging me for the re-key (a re-key that I didn't need because obviously I was able to work the darn lock just fine because I had to get into my apartment somehow every day, didn't I?). And the best part is that the new lock still requires the same jimmy-ing to get into because it's winter and the wind blows on my door and the property management people apparently couldn't be bothered to install storm doors.

No comments: