Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Goal-tending (on-going project)

Resolution made on 01/12/06 for all years subsequent to 2006 until completion of goal: Read the top 100 Best Novels. Now, this resolution has changed somewhat because initially I was working from "The Modern Library" list of the 100 Best Novels published in English, compiled by Random House. I have since decided I like the TIME magazine list better. So. What did I read in 2006 from that list?
I, Claudius
Infinite Jest
Pale Fire
The Sun Also Rises

Prior to 2006, I had also read the following books appearing on that list:
Beloved
The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby
The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
Lord of the Flies
The Lord of the Rings
Neuromancer
1984
Slaughterhouse-Five
Under the Volcano

No comments: